Monday, January 19, 2015

Moving On

Tendering my resignation was easier than I thought it would be.

I had been feeling anxiety about it leading up to Friday (1/16) when I knew I'd be talking to Bob.  I mentioned this to Harriet the day before and she was surprised that I felt that way as she thought I'd be feeling joy.  I understand that and actually I was feeling a sense of underlying excitement. This would be taking us one step closer to our odyssey.  Yet, I think the nervousness had to do with the fact that I have really liked my job and was sad on a small scale to give it up...and there was that little nudge reminding me that what we are doing is huge.

But, once I sat in Bob's office, the words flowed smoothly -- no hesitation on my part.  There was Bob's surprised reactions of "no!" and "really?"  He said he wasn't expecting this and could I stay a few more years!  I was very appreciative of several things he said about my role at Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary.  I feel I have really made a contribution, but I also feel strongly that my co-workers and "my" volunteers contributed to the success I have had at the sanctuary.

After, I went into the ladies rest room and did a little fist pumping, celebrating this big step closer to the teardrop future!

My last day is Saturday, 2/28, as I offered to help with training and transition of a new volunteer coordinator.


No comments:

Post a Comment