Friday, September 18, 2015

Catching Up

Greetings from Necedah Wisconsin where we landed on Wednesday the 16th.  Before I write about recent travels, I want to post some photos from beautiful Coffee Pot Lake, that I wrote about in my last post.  This was in Harrington, Washington and we found out about it in a free camping book we were given as a gift.






One of the birdwatchers who came by to bird the area, Chris, took us birding to some local hotspots, and even had us to his home for breakfast!  Chris got us on one target bird, a Swainson's Hawk.


Overall, we had 49 species of birds at Coffee Pot Lake!

On September 27, we headed into Spokane and found the Riverside State Park.  As parks go, it was nice.  Campsites were too close together, but we were close to the Spokane river. Another highlight was the Swinging Bridge.  I was ready to march my way across, but seeing the river through the slats was enough for me to say no way!  Michael had no qualms about the crossing!




Next post will start with our stay at Glacier National Park, Montana. Be prepared for lots of photos!







No comments:

Post a Comment