Thursday, December 4, 2014

Go, Bonnie!



When I found this quote by Bonnie Raitt yesterday, those tiny doubts that creep in from time to time were quickly extinguished. 

"Life gets mighty precious when there's less of it to waste." --
Bonnie Raitt, 64

Now, I accept that it is normal to periodically question ourselves about the teardrop future we are planning.  There's much to do and many unknowns out there.  We could sit here and be relatively comfortable and unadventurous, kind of accepting the status quo as these years go by.  But this sounds like a time-waster. I want to do this Odyssey because I can see my future if I do not.  I will work forever and age day by day, slowing down and losing ambition and inquisitiveness.  You know, 'the same old, same old'. 

Accepting this new chapter in our lives is not a time-waster!  This lifestyle will take us on many trails to beautiful spots, beautiful birds, beautiful people...so many new and exhilarating experiences.  We will no doubt have our challenges too, whether a fight, a mechanical issue, or fatigue.  But we will handle these challenges.  How can you stay mad when you're looking at a snow-capped mountain or giant sequoia tree?! 


So, no time-wasting for us.  "Let's give them something to talk about....".




No comments:

Post a Comment